Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

{Sew} Modern Monday

So Sorry for the long absence, starting my new job has kept me very busy! The good news is that I have had time for quite a bit of sewing, so I should have some good crafty goodness for you! As for a modern finish this week, I finished my AB birdie sling! Such a great pattern and so roomy! We visited Austin last weekend for the 4th of July and I stumbled upon Stitch Lab, such a cool store with neat modern stuff and very cool classes, I wish it was local! Anyways, They had a birdie sling on display done out of this great Alexander Henry print. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it! So cute.

I added in a couple of Robert Kaufman blenders for the interior and the bands. Having never really sewn more than a simple drawstring bag, I was pretty nervous about undertaking this challenge, but it went really smooth. I had a few difficulties with getting the band sewn on in the right direction, but I really happy with the product.I love the pleats! So easy but professional looking!

 I think it also took considerably more time to cut out the pattern pieces and adhere interfacing than to sew the bag, even with the band issues. This inspired me to get another Amy bag pattern this weekend and give it a go for Lauren's Birthday!

Stay tuned later this week for a nearly finished baby quilt and good progress on the summer runner out of American Jane. I think this will become a birthday gift! I also feel prey to the farmer's wife craze, so addicting! Happy Monday, I promise to be back this week!

5 comments:

  1. Such a great pattern and i love the fabrics you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pattern you used. It looks beautiful in those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving that bird fabric! such a cute bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those birdie sling bags! Yours is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bag - I love the fabric you have chosen

    ReplyDelete